In the market, it has a large number of Magento Extensions that help shop owners grow their online business. But for retailers, the ones who are making/starting to have a new eCommerce website, what modules are the most necessary to own.
Hence, the article below will help you deal with the challenges and “find the light at the end of the tunnel”.
1. One Step Checkout Extension
If you own an eCommerce Website, the most important thing you need to keep an eye out for is: “How to improve the Checkout user experience?”.
eCommerce retailers need to understand that online customers hate to fill in repetitive information forms when ordering. That is the reason for the emergence of a smart Checkout page, to reduce the number of customers to abandon the purchase.
So… What is One Step Checkout extension?
One Step Checkout is a Magento extension that simplifies the checkout process of your Magento store.
This module can “simplify” the payment steps and create a better view of customers for the brand. One Step Checkout extension is quite similar to regular payment when it is displayed in one page and the customer can see all the steps without going through another page.
Why it is a must in your eCommerce site?
According to a Case Study from GetElastic, the use of the One Step Checkout optimization utility helps online sales grow by 40%.
And following another study by Baymard, the number of customers who stop shopping on eCommerce websites falls to about 68%, and 10% of them are NOT satisfied that the Checkout page is too complex and difficult to fill, This leads to a loss of time when paying.
Therefore, let’s simplify the actions when users want to purchase. Make everything as easy and as transparent as possible. Normally, the customer will have to do many things and go through many different steps to purchase a product. This is not convenient at all. And the Magento One Page Checkout was born to simplify all the mess. As the name implies, this Magento plugin will “collect” the whole process of payment into a single page. As a result, users feel that shopping is much easier.
There are many different benefits, but in short, its basic advantages are:
- Magento One Step Checkout helps you make a purchase in one step
- Magento One Step Checkout helps you pay easily
- High speed, good interactivity, and superior to Multi-step Checkout
- Easier and smarter. Having all the necessary information in one step is the key to speeding up the sales process.Not only that, it can help sell better and create a “smoother” billing cycle.
- All the unnecessary information and questions are eliminated so that the customer does not feel too much interrogated, thereby enhancing the customer experience.
- All content is provided are very detailed instructions, specifically to avoid misunderstandings for customers to purchase
Remember that, only a small change in the final payment step will help our website have better conversion rates. Or at least, One Step Checkout also helps your online store become more competitive.
Installing the One Step Checkout system is a great boost to your sales. In addition, online customers will also have a better experience of the product, as well as the entire Website system.
2. Banner Slider Extension
Be the owner of an eCommerce website, whether it’s a graphic designer’s website, or a retailer. It is important to highlight your creations or beautiful products on your website to persuade customers to call you.
Or if you are looking for the best place to show your promotional information, Banner Slider for Magento is the exact marketing extension that you need.
What is Banner Slider extension?
Banner slider extension is an ideal solution to grab visitor’s attention at first sight with a stunning series of images.
Specifically: To make your website more eye-catching and attractive to your customers, the Banner Slider extension for Magento is an effective solution to display banners at the top of your Magento online store page. With the help of this extension, website owners can place other banner ads or run some banners of advertising campaigns at the top of their site to grab the attention of customers.
How it helps?
Banner Slider will attract customers right from the very first moments they are on site.
- Get customers’ attention with eye-catching images
- Choose among up to positions & a variety of effects to display slides
- Highlight your promotion, campaign or any events by using the banner slider
- View & analyze report for the effectiveness of the slides
For retailers, to have a modern tool to introduce your images more professionally, the Banner Slider extension is necessary.
3. Mega Menu Extension
Do you know how long customers stay on web pages? Surprisingly, it’s only 10-20s on average (NNGroup, 2011) whereas you have a variety of products and categories to show. So as not to let customers leave soon, tell them the shortest way to what they are looking for.
Therefore, Magento Mega Menu extension is born to help business retailer.
Mega Menu extension
Magento Mega Menu extension (a.k.a Magento Navigation Menu) is your solution to create the best sitemap right on the main navigation.
By creating a stunning navigation system, you not only increase chances that visitors will easily find what they are looking for, but also improve the possibility that they will return to your Magento website because of its user-friendly interface.
How it helps?
(or already have) an e-commerce site with numerous products. You had a hard time organizing all customers’ options and it turned out a mess with too many products or categories in your menus. And a Mega Menu module will have the benefits for retailers:
- Helps you show every option at a glance
- Organizes all products and categories effectively
- Captures visitors’ attention at first sight with great design
- Are responsive with mobiles
- Are easy to use even without coding skills
One more thing, you don’t need to worry about running site with “turtle speed”. Magento Mega Menu extension doesn’t affect your site speed for sure. Moreover, you can flexibly set up your wanted menu with different content showing-off.
In a nutshell, Mega Menu is a must-have addition to every Magento e-commerce website, and now you have a reliable tool for adding it to your online storefront.
4. SEO Extension for Magento
For eCommerce, SEO is becoming more important. Magento itself is one of the world’s #1 open source SEO solutions. But it will be even better by having dozens of SEO optimizations (called Extensions or Plugins). That helps you improve the SEO problem for your eCommerce website with Magento.
What is SEO Extension for Magento?
SEO extension is a designed software that optimizes the website and automatically marks the criteria of the website to give you suggestions about changing the content of the page or designing your own website friendly with SEO.
- SEO is an extension that you use to optimize your website, SEO keywords that you want to rank well in the google search engine.
- SEO software allows users to SEO every website and every keyword.
Why you need?
With each SEO extension provided by different vendors, there will be different features and benefits. However, there are several advantages to make it become a necessary extension when starting a Magento eCommerce site.
- It can improve your SEO for Magento site.
- Use Better SEO to automatically optimize your site for SEO Engines Search.
and much more…
- Generate relevant meta tags with ease
- Help you build robust sitemaps
- You can quickly import and export product tags
- It will make your product reviews SEO-friendly
- Make alluring URLs
5. Zopim Live Chat
Starting with an e-commerce website, Zopim Livechat is a worthy Magento extension.
Zopim Live Chat or Zopim is one of the best live chat services for e-commerce websites and services.
It is an online chat tool of Zendesk. Once set up you can track and control the number of visitors to your website.
As a result, you can know what product page users are stopping at, and then prepare materials to better consult them. With each page, Zopim allows you to change the look and feel of the theme, even completely changing the chat image.
When integrated with Zendesk, you will be able to support multi-channel connectivity between social networks, email, and live chat.
How it helps?
Zopim is a very good live chat module, it is very powerful. Zopim supports nearly 50 languages for software customers.
With Zopim Live Chat you can actively chat directly with customers right on the website through the live chat box in the left or right of the website depending on your choice.
As for developers, when adding Zopim LiveChat to the website is quite simple without any hassles and only a few operations can put the Zopim system into the normal operation of the website.
6. Email Follow up
Building healthy relationships with your customers is always a great way to boost your sales. Interacting with them on various possible occasions helps you build long-term relationships with them which only means profit for your business. Doing this sales-boosting activity is quite easy for brick and mortar sellers. However, when it comes to e-com sellers, things aren’t as easy. Though there are various channels available to interact with the customers virtually, it becomes a really intimidating task to manage these channels and communicate with all the customers.
Therefore, Email Follow up is an extension to handle these problems.
Email Follow up Extension
Over the last years, email marketing has become one of the fastest growing trends in customer acquisition. It is not surprising, since follow up email is a simple and convenient means of communication between merchants and customers, which allows making right offers in time.
The Follow Up Email extension is a perfect solution that provides comprehensive functionality to create highly targeted custom emails to fit your business needs. This Magento extension allows web-store owners to easily create custom email templates with both static and dynamic information, as well as set up rules when they should be sent.
How it helps?
Email Follow up can help business retailer:
- Interact with interested clients using emails to boost sales.
- Perform targeted marketing by contacting people who have visited your website.
- Send emails for order status change, birthdays, abandoned carts, etc.
- Modify the email content according to your preferences.
- Mention the days after which emails should be sent.
7. Google Shopping
What is Google Shopping?
Google Shopping is a free service from Google that allows customers to search and compare products they want to buy online. We can put all of our products on Google Shopping. This allows us to reach out to and attract potential customers by allowing them to view your products more easily.
Shopping ads are only available with eCommerce sites. If you’re an online retailer, you can use Google Shopping to advertise your products, drive traffic to your website, and attract the most potential customers.
Google Shopping is powered by two major platforms, Adwords and Google Merchant Center. Google Merchant Center is the place which provides detailed information about your products in standard Google format.
What is Google Shopping extension?
This is a module made to easily connect your Magento store with Google Merchant account. With the Google Merchant service from Google, you can submit all your products to Google Shopping and create new visitors and sales from the Google network. The Google Merchant Center interface is especially designed to help merchants in submitting their products to Google Shopping.
How it helps:
Some benefits gained when using Google Shopping extension
- Easily export your products data to Google Shopping
- Efficiently export your products catalog to Google Shopping
- Create a data feed in compliance with Google requirements
- Completely customize your data feed according to your products catalog
- Automatically and regularly send your updated data feed to Google
- Easily find the Google categories that correspond to yours
- Increase traffic
- Increase conversion rates
- Easy campaign management
8. Marketplace Integration Extension
Putting your product into a market is always a huge plus for the sellers or store owners, especially for retailers who have a new eCommerce site. As it brings a great benefit for them to increase sales by adding their products to a branded market. Using the extensions provided by the technology companies will help retail businesses quickly get more customers as well as go further to the global market.
Marketplace Integration extension
Magento Marketplace Integration module provides the effective interface to manage the product listing, inventory and orders for the marketplace from the Magento Store admin panel. Some key features of Magento Integration extension:
- User-Friendly interface
- Bulk uploading of the products with ease
- Map Magento store products attribute and category with the marketplace attributes and category
- This extension allows the store admin to create shipping templates
- Inventory management
- Order management
Why it is a must for new eCommerce Site?
Marketplace Integration Extension will convert your Magento store into Marketplace with separate seller product collection and separate seller with feedback support rating and commissions.
Marketplace Plugin is also supported by many shipping and payment add-ons including FedEx, UPS, USPS and many more payment methods like Paypal adaptive, stripe marketplace, Mangopay and many other marketplace payment API’s.
Therefore, Marketplace Integration module is a great solution for the retailers who are launching a new eCommerce site to reach the big goals.
9. A/B Testing
Measurement, testing, and evaluation to continually improve quality and design on the web is an integral part if you want to increase your conversions. And it can be exactly what retailers need to do every day.
So, to start a business, when you are having a new eCommerce site, it is essential to own an extension to get those features. And the module that will be introduced next is A/B Testing.
A/B Test is a two-way (A and B) test of interface or content layout, navigation alignment buttons, the positioning of images, purchase buttons of a sales website…and so on. The ultimate goal is to know which decorations your customers prefer, where to place buttons to increase customer rates, attract more views, and more.
The A/B Testing extension is a solution that helps developers, marketers, and businesses listen to their customers more deeply and, therefore, bring a better experience to their customers.
Retailers want to increase the number of conversions, the first way is to bring more customers to the website or store. The second way is to increase the conversion rate so that with the same amount of guests available, they create a greater conversion rate. A/B testing helps store owners do the second thing by allowing them to improve the efficiency of their ongoing processes whether it is web or application development, advertising or sales.
How it helps?
The cost of getting a new customer is not small, while the cost of A/B testing is not much and the small changes, sometimes, can still bring great effects in creating more conversions.
Besides these benefits, the A/B Testing extension also supports features such as:
- Run numerous a/b tests simultaneously
- Test particular attributes for a group of products at a time
- Test product page design
- Get informative stats reports
- Manage test duration
- Display test variants to customers according to conversion rates
Once installing this module, it will definitely help retailers implement and manage the site testing process, thereby optimizing and enhancing the customer shopping experience. In a nutshell, it is also a great extension to begin when you have a new eCommerce site.
10. Magento POS extension
What is POS extension?
Magento POS extension allows to update the quantity of exported and imported goods, existed all the time, as well as monitoring turnover and debt for each customer. Rather than having managers add up the numbers, the system automatically updates with each sale, warehouse management is generated in real time on the software. Even managers can monitor the business situation of multiple store chains at any one point, remotely managing through iPad devices, tablets, and iPhones. As a result, managers have more time for other investing activities.
How it helps?
POS technology enhances the store’s ability to sell
POS management solutions will help improve sales and store management. It has the high professionalism and minimize payment mistakes, create multiple selling points on the device iPhone, iPad, tablet. Moreover, the simple sales process allows staff to operate very quickly and easily. No need for more salespeople, using POS will make sales faster, more accurate.
With that convenience, any field can apply a POS solution. Not just supermarkets, shopping centers, but even shops in different areas such as restaurants, entertainment centers can also apply to manage and sell more efficiently.
Fast, simple, easy to use
With a single tap and touch operation on devices such as desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, you can complete the billing and payment process.
Manage everywhere, every time
Managers can monitor all activities at the store without having to be there.
Just pay once and you will be using the lifetime POS extension. This software will manage your sales activities comprehensively with continuous, automatic updates.
With POS module, there will be no errors in the process of selling, paying or ordering, … Moreover, business owners can completely control all the data in the store.
Integrate multiple devices and technologies
- The software system is designed to integrate with the latest advances in hardware technology (touch screen, POS, PDA …)
- Built-in multi-size printers, dot matrix printers, thermal printers, bar code printers
- Integrated bar code scanner, money tray, payment card scanner
Compatible with all internet connected devices
- POS screen
In addition, POS module offers professionalism in every style of service, limited fraud, creating multiple selling points associated with each other on electronic devices.
With these outstanding advantages, POS extension can be applied to any field that retailers can be used for managing their new ecommerce site.
11. Barcode Management
Effective merchandising is the vital issue of every store with any business item. Every store owner wants to have a good way to manage their goods, avoid losses and save time.
One solution to efficiently manage your goods is to add a barcode to your merchandise – using the barcode printing feature of the barcode system, so you can manage your goods by barcode management extension.
What is Barcode Management?
This is a powerful tool to manage thousands of SKUs in a smart way. With Barcodes Management plugin, you can automate many of your operations.
Moreover, It is much easier and faster for you to manage inventory using barcode. With Barcode Management plugin, you can:
- Choose information of products that is encoded
- Flexibly create Barcode Templates & Print Barcodes
- Scan Barcodes to instantly pick & deliver products and quickly create Physical Stocktaking & Purchase Order
Why retailer should have this extension?
The module helps encode & centralize all products’ information in a barcode hierarchy so it becomes so simple for store owners to quickly & accurately track products.
- Generate barcode manually or import CSV file to create barcode in mass
- Generate one or multiple barcodes per SKU
- Print barcode in mass
- Config different barcode templates & barcode patterns
- Manage barcode generating history
- Fast counting money. Less than 1 second, the software has found the goods.
- Customers do not have to wait for payment. Salespeople are not confused the commodity codes, prices of similar goods. Build a professional shop image in the customer’s eyes
- Simplify the steps of commodity management.
- Barcode scanners can be used in a wide variety of operations such as sales, warehousing, warehousing.
- Minimize time spent on tracking commodity fluctuations and actual inventories.
- Manage inventory quickly, accurately
- Automatically update the quantity, value of inventory, calculate the profit margin. Cost savings and operating time.
*** Barcode Management from Magestore – A suggestion for the new eCommerce retailer
The tool is designed to improve the productivity of managing products and their attributes as well as simplify your interaction with the inventory.
Magento Barcode Management is now one module in our Omnichannel solution for Magento retailers. If you have any concern, let’s get the consultation!
12. Inventory Management (with low stock notification)
Good inventory management is one of the key factors contributing to the success of the business. Inventory management, however, is not a simple matter as it requires a lot of time and effort.
With the traditional warehouse inspection, the manual check and error, the mistake are unavoidable. For retail businesses, using inventory management extension is the optimal choice, saving time, effort and minimize losses for the new eCommerce site.
What is Inventory Management module?
Inventory Management extension is the ultimate Magento store management system. It’s designed to reduce time and effort necessary for various operations related to stocks. Retailers can easily keep track of any products in the backend. This module eliminates common mistakes arising when you handle stock availability, transfer and purchase more items for your warehouses.
Why Inventory Management extension is a must for the retailer?
The benefits of using inventory management module? Take a look at this checklist:
- Inventory management makes inventory control easy and regular
- Inventory management extension helps to accurately capture goods in stock
- Accurate planning with inventory management
- Increase the efficiency of capital use
*Bonus: Choose Magestore as your eCommerce solution’s provider…
All features of the Magestore Inventory Management Magento extension can be divided into the following categories: Stock Listing, Prediction, Transfer Stocks, and Stock Control.
With Inventory module, you can easily edit, adjust, or transfer stocks in line and so on.
Another great improvement introduced with the module is a stock prediction. The Magestore Inventory Management module provides the ability to forecast your current supply needs. With out-of-stock notification, the extension sends a notification when you need more items to be purchased in the nearest future.
Furthermore, there is a support for multiple warehouses and you can easily connect Magestore Inventory Management with third-party systems and modules via API.
Now, Magento Inventory Management System is currently a module in the Omnichannel solution for Magento retailers. For further information, follow this link: https://www.magestore.com/features/magento-inventory
13. Related Product Manager Extension
“Show” for customers the products that are similar to the items they are looking to buy is a good way to keep the consumer stay longer on the website. Because, from then, retailers can lead to increased sales. And with the Extension introduced here, business retailers can reach the goals.
Related Product Manager extension
This is an extension that allows management of similar products displayed on the website when customers are buying. It helps to set the rules for products and offer people alternatives to the current product automatically. This way it doesn’t matter whether you are dealing with a couple items or with a 100K product store – it will still take just a few clicks to set up an appealing product block.
How it helps?
There are lots of benefits of this extension, but the reason making it is worth to choose is: motivate customers to buy more. This extension can:
- Show blocks with related, up-selling and cross-selling items;
- Display store items based on customer behavior;
- Relate products without views or purchases and so on.
14. Ship/Fulfillment Extension
The fulfillment service is growing and gradually turning into popular thanks to the explosive development of e-commerce. As a result, most commercial transactions are “internatized”, and sales are quicker and simpler, resulting in an increase in the number of orders. Typically, Amazon handles an average of 35 orders each second. Thus, fulfillment has become an essential part for business to resolve these difficulties.
Order fulfillment extension
Fulfillment is a reliable tool for improving your daily routine related to order processing (pick up, warehousing, packaging, and delivery to the buyer on time, etc). With the help of the Magento Order Fulfillment extension, you will essentially increase the backend productivity turning boring routine processes into a piece of cake.
Why we need the fulfillment extension?
Have high volume of sales orders & worry about messy shipments? You should have an effective order management strategy in order to save costs and gain profits.
Order Fulfillment is one module for Magento, which helps you easily keep track of order-fulfilling process in the backend. With default Order Fulfillment, tons of your orders can be managed easily.
- Manage and reduce inventory costs
- Equitable seller benefits and buyer satisfaction
And much more…
The module can help retailers manage the operation smoothly by:
- Accurate Inventory Management – Effectively managing warehouse and inventory helps keep cross-channel fulfillment consistent.
- Real-Time Reporting – If you implement an Omnichannel fulfillment model, monitoring warehouse and fulfillment center performance is key. In-depth and granular insights reveal essential performance metrics. With real-time reporting, you’ll be able to constantly adapt and improve warehouse processes.
- Sales and Revenue – Distributing products through several channels opens up new market opportunities, resulting in increased sales and revenue.
- Warehouse Productivity – Implementing a system that takes advantage of new technology to streamline fulfillment processes provides warehouse personnel more detailed information in areas such as inventory, increasing overall operational efficiency.
- Customer Satisfaction and Retention – Retail fulfillment processes that leverage multi-channel distribution open up different buying channels. As a result, those customers are likely to be more satisfied with your brand and will keep coming back for more.
- Brand Perception – Brands that take advantage of multiple distribution channels are viewed in the marketplace as attentive to customers’ needs and preferences. This differentiates your brand from competitors who have yet to take advantage of multi-channel distribution.
*** Magento Order Fulfillment Management module from Magestore
In addition, Magestore is also offering a Magento Order Fulfillment Management module, which can help retailers overcome the troubles. This is the perfect solution for your retail problem, which allows to create new orders, manage all orders and track order fulfillment process in only 5 simple steps.
Streamline 5 standard steps for the fastest processing “Verify – Fulfill – Pick – Pack – Deliver“
- Verify order (optional): sales staff can confirm and edit customer’s shipping & billing address
- Prepare fulfillment: separate orders into 2 groups whether all ordered items are available in stock or not;
- Pick items: able to select multiple orders to print out into a composite picking list
- Pack items: able to create multiple packages for an order
- Deliver packages: displays shipping information and tracking number provided by the carrier
- In line order editing & Touchscreen supported allow staffs to save time working on each step of Order Processing
- Multi-warehouse fulfillment made easy & correctly
- API Integration with all Magento supported shipping carriers
With the right fulfillment model, retailers can simplify and automate order fulfillment while achieving the speed and agility needed to compete in a rapidly changing retail industry.
To become the leading retailers, as a recommendation, besides choosing some Magento Extensions above, business owners can find out and implement “all-in-one” Omnichannel solution to “rocket” your enterprises. We hope that your business will achieve the success and step by step conquer the hardest challenges
So, what other Magento extensions your business is using? Let’s share with us by comment below!